Louisiana Poultry Federation
On April 7, 1959, the articles of incorporation were filed and recorded, and The Louisiana Poultry Industries of Louisiana, Inc. was formed. The organization developed from the Louisiana Poultry Improvement Association. Then, 34 years later the organization adopted new by-laws and amendments to the Articles of Incorporation. The Amendment became effective on October 27, 1993. With those changes, the organization's name was changed to the Louisiana Poultry Federation. Also, the organization became a state affiliate of the US Poultry & Egg Association in 1964.
The Louisiana Poultry Federation's motto "Working for a Greater Poultry Industry in Louisiana" has remained effective throughout the history of the Louisiana Poultry Federation. This motto ties all of the organization's objectives together, and the seven objectives of the Louisiana Poultry Federation have remained effective.
THE OBJECTIVES ARE:
- To establish and maintain an organization by means of which members of all branches of the poultry industry may work effectively together for the general welfare and betterment of the industry as a whole.
- To provide an authorized representative and spokesman for the Louisiana poultry industry in matters of state, regional, and national importance.
- To cooperate to the fullest extent with all federal, state and private agencies interested in the promotion of the poultry industry.
- To promote and conduct educational programs to encourage and increase the use and consumption of poultry and poultry products.
- To interest the public in recognized standards of advancement in all phases of poultry production and marketing.
- To provide an official state agency for the direction, supervision, and administration of the National Poultry Improvement Plan in Louisiana as a joint project with the Louisiana Livestock Sanitary Board.
- To stimulate the demand for and consumption of poultry and poultry products by the conduction of or participation in promotional and educational activities of programs featuring poultry and poultry products.